How This Works

📘 Simply find the title link inside each synopsis and click.
You will either be sent to a PDF link or a site where the novel is served.

📘
"If (as you are intently perusing the linked novels and/or other content located on this blog) you encounter a broken link, please comment as such on the post so I can try to rectify the issue or remove the post completely. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration." ~ Victor Hubress
📘 Most Summary Information Sourced From Wikipedia

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Witty Wordsmiths 85




“Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.”

~ Timothy Leary









*Before I go into my thoughts on this quotation, I'd like to preface my little pearls of discussion here by stating I don't believe in genders and their accepted behaviors and qualities; I believe a male and a female of any species is needed for reproduction, but not every being from a species is designed, qualified, or desires to reproduce. With this stated I also believe in the need for labels, even though at times these labels create animosity among people. Labels help our minds evaluate, organize, analyze, and express our thoughts, as well as distinguish legal definitions in courts of law; labels themselves do not create this animosity, ignorance creates this animosity. So basically, I accept whatever labels people attach to themselves, because to me this label just helps my brain evaluate, organize, and analyze their words and actions, so that I may express my sentiments on whatever subject discussed. 
    The idea of being “equal” can be debated for eternity and an answer would still not be derived that is acceptable to any party. Equal in whose eyes? other people's? the law's? any religions'? Without delving too deep into this discussion, this quotation made me chuckle, especially since it came from a male of our species, but that is where my interest in this quotation ends. I would have liked this quote to not single out any sex of our species and simply state, “[People] who seek to be equal with [other people] lack ambition.” Of course, this implies a whole other analytical view and this discussion could also go on forever as well. Instead of seeking equality, we should seek happiness, because even the oppressed people of our world's history felt happiness, and it's way more attainable than equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment