How This Works

📘 Simply find the title link inside each synopsis and click.
You will either be sent to a PDF link or a site where the novel is served.

📘
"If (as you are intently perusing the linked novels and/or other content located on this blog) you encounter a broken link, please comment as such on the post so I can try to rectify the issue or remove the post completely. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration." ~ Victor Hubress
📘 Most Summary Information Sourced From Wikipedia

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Already Read It! : A "Novel" Game 46



Can you guess the title and author of the novel depicted in the picture?

DIFFICULTY : Hard

CLUE : Naming this one's movie adaptation will not count, but if you "doo" a "little" research, I'm sure you can name the original title of this play!






This play has been rewritten, repurposed, and reperformed so many times, retold and borrowed from over the years I will be surprised if anyone actually knows the source material. With that idea in mind, recently, well, maybe about five or six years ago (I can't remember exactly and I don't want to google the show in fear of opening healed wounds of disappointment and longing), a television program was made using a modern retelling of this story staring Karen Gillan and John Cho and I loved it. It was light and fun, but also had a serious and dark side, probably a little premature for the audiences of the time (it most likely would have done much better nowadays). I still think about this series from time to time and how much the last episode I watched has stuck with me over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment